Category: Community

• Why Self-acceptance is the First Step to Meaningful Change

Why Self-acceptance is the First Step to Meaningful Change

In this episode, I’ve extracted the gems from a conversation with Monica Sherese to share with you. You can consider this a companion interview to episode 79 although the order in which you listen to the two episodes do not matter. Listen to find out how to hold space for other people to support them…

• An Authentic  Self-Image Starts with Knowing Yourself

An Authentic Self-Image Starts with Knowing Yourself

I love how Monica Sherese shows up in this interview. Her energy and her passion comes through, and there are so many questions that I had on my list that we didn’t even get to. Be sure to accept Monica’s invitation; it’s something that each of us can do every day. Listen to this episode…

• Two Key Questions to Uncover and Overcome Limiting Beliefs

Two Key Questions to Uncover and Overcome Limiting Beliefs

In this episode, Kim Ades asks two pivotal questions to help you uncover and overcome limiting beliefs. Start here to build the life that you want. Kim Ades (pronounced add-iss) is the President and Founder of Frame of Mind CoachingTM and JournalEngineTM Software. Recognized as an expert in the area of thought mastery and mental…

• How to Get to Know and Accept Yourself

How to Get to Know and Accept Yourself

Listen to this episode with Fatima Oliver to find out how to have a soul journey to self-acceptance. Fatima and I discuss some of the main situations and experiences that damage our self acceptance, and she shares the steps that she followed in order to heal some of the trauma and hurt in her life…

• Bonus Episode: Join the Speak Easy Virtual Therapy May 2021 Challenge

Bonus Episode: Join the Speak Easy Virtual Therapy May 2021 Challenge

This is a bonus episode. The regularly scheduled episode on self acceptance will come out tomorrow. Last week, I had an interview with Sarah Eames, who’s a psychotherapist based in Dublin, Ireland. Her interview won’t come out until the end of May so I’m releasing a snippet from that episode to share her May challenge…

• How to Overcome Fear and Find Beauty in the Darkness

How to Overcome Fear and Find Beauty in the Darkness

Michelle is a certified confidence coach who coaches people to confidently tell their stories, that get them seen, heard, hired, and change lives along the way. She’s the author of a memoir, Perfectly Normal: An Immigrant’s Story of Making it in America, an inspirational journey of overcoming adversity after an automobile accident that changed her…

• How to Live a Romantic and Sensuous Life

How to Live a Romantic and Sensuous Life

In this episode, David Brower invites us to find ways to add more pleasure, more joy in our lives. He talks of the importance of experiencing and savoring the moments to feel alive. David, an American by birth, has chosen the city of love and pleasure, Paris, has his home for the last 30 years.…

• Using Resistance and Resilience to Build Self Acceptance

Using Resistance and Resilience to Build Self Acceptance

The guest this episode is Dr. Seanna Leath. Dr. Leath and I have such a wide ranging conversation. We talk about black families, about mental health within the black community, about mothering and how Dr. Leath is currently thinking about that. A lot of her work is inspired by her own journey and because she’s…

• Uplifting the Next Generation through Power to Girls

Uplifting the Next Generation through Power to Girls

In this epsiode, I chat with Aisha Addo. Aisha Addo thrives on working to make the world a better place for women. Although she’s a graduate in Business Administration Accounting, her true passion and dedication lies in ensuring girls around the world are provided with the guidance and resources that help them identify their true…

• Working Together Across Timezones to Build a Clothing Brand

Working Together Across Timezones to Build a Clothing Brand

Sisters Chantalia and Haigann Fevrier-President started their own clothing brand during the pandemic. Chantalia is 17 and in high school in Canada; Haigann is in university in Italy. I’m in Prague, Czech Republic so this podcast episode is truly international. Listen to find out what inspired the brand, Silence is Compliance, how they were able…

• Choosing Meaningful Work to Make an Impact

Choosing Meaningful Work to Make an Impact

This week’s episode is with Adam Greenberg. Adam is in his 30s and was most recently working with the Peace Corps along with his girlfriend, Lianne. What I really enjoyed about talking with Adam was the way that he expressed his thought process. As he shared his journey with us, Adam’s had some interesting experiences…

• Figure Out Your Purpose for a Superpower to Overcome Challenges

Figure Out Your Purpose for a Superpower to Overcome Challenges

In this episode of Changes Big and Small, I chat with Avril Matsui. Born in the UK, Avril has lived in Japan for the past 26 years. We speak about race and prejudice, and what it’s like living as a black woman in Japan. She also shares her purpose and how she discovered it. Listen…